Sunday, February 27, 2005

My concert calendar...

has/is more decent than I thought it would be!

February 17 - Limblifter - awesome show but far too late (started at 9:30pm and ended just before 1:30am)..only had 4 hours of sleep that night and had to get up for school the next morning, work on a Bio report that was one day late (10% off...crap!)..skip a few classes (by some divine intervention, Psych only lasted for about 10 min. and then the prof wished us a happy Reading Week)..quickly type up my report (spent the previous day before the concert a total of 5 hours quickly writing a rough copy)..print it at school (and look like a complete idiot having no idea how to work the printer)..and rush over to work (I was late but no one yelled at me..yay). Haha..see what I sacrifice to go see live music? It was worth it, though...if nothing else, to see the crazy dancing chick who the lead singer of the first opening band (This Civil Twilight) looked like he was TRYING to ignore. Eden knows who I'm talking about...

March 12 - Kalan Porter - my guilty pleasure...I keep telling everyone I'm going to see him 'cause of my mom but who am I kidding, I OWN his CD and got it autographed! Plus I watched him every week on Canadian Idol (but truthfully, that was thanks to my mom and aunt who practically begged me to turn the channel to the show when I was watching something else last summer). After all..I did do a French presentation on the evils of manufactured music last year...and I'm still holding my stand..I'm not watching American Idol right now and I'm not planning on watching the next Canadian Idol unless by some chance the top 10 is full of talented, interesting people. Kalan has talent..I can't deny that. I'm just disappointed his album was rushed to produce crap pop..which was what I was afraid of..but that said, the rock stuff he wrote is sooo good! That's enough for me to be really excited about his upcoming show.

May 19 - Greenday - Kim just told me the good news! I just wanna know where we're sitting (unless it's floor)! Haha! This is gonna be such an awesome show! I didn't really get into Greenday until last year (I didn't even like "American Idiot") with "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (they can play that song over and over again, but I will still LOVE it just the same!) but I can brag that the first song I learned to play on guitar was "Good Riddance". So recently, I've gone on a Greenday shopping spree. I bought American Idiot (GREAT album!) about a month ago and then a few weeks later, bought "Nimrod" and "Insomnia"...gotta prepare for the concert!

No comments: